Care & Use of Jewellery & Homeware
Care & Use of Jewellery:
- We use gold plated brass chains for our handmade jewellery.
- Through much experience, we have found this material to be the best for our pieces. The chain can be easily re-shined using ketchup or lemon juice, and is very robust.
- This ensures that your jewellery will last a lifetime - keeping the warm, gold colour of the chain, as well as being very affordable.
- This jewellery is made to last and is not intended to be costume jewellery.
- Do not put the porcelain pendant/gold star into the solution, leave it hanging outside the bowl and cover it in masking tape.
- Polishing a brass necklace with white vinegar - Click Here For YouTube
We use gold-filled hoops for our earrings.
All the jewellery made in Afghanistan is gold-filled.
We recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, working out, swimming in the sea or chlorinated water.
- Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Ideally, store jewellery pieces in their provided box.
- Avoid tugging, pulling or rubbing the jewellery to preserve the hand-painted gold lustre. Take it off before bed.
- If you wear cosmetics or sunscreen, put your jewellery on last and take it off first.
Care & Use of Homeware:
- Hand washing only
- Gold cannot go in the microwave
- Glazed items are food safe
- Glass items are not food safe